Cash donations give Guiding Light the most flexibility, but there are certain items that our men always need. We have continuing need for the following:
Winter is HERE!!! We are in need of more winter hats and ski gloves.
- Underwear and T-shirts (larger sizes always appreciated)
- Toothbrushes, toothpaste, and floss
- Body wash/soap
- Combs or brushes
- Disposable razors and shaving cream
- Seasonal items (hats, gloves, thermal underwear, sun screen)
You can drop off your donations at: Guiding Light, 255 Division S, Grand Rapids, MI 49503.
Additional Opportunities for Giving
We strive to be good stewards of the building and properties we own. We work continuously to maintain them. However, we need some help with the following projects, which are above and beyond our standard maintenance. If you are interested in helping either with labor or materials and equipment, or both, please contact Kimberly at 616.451.0236 x14 or email her at email@example.com. She will pair you with the correct person from the right department. Thank you for considering Guiding Light Mission as an outlet for your talents, treasure and time. Here are our lists:
- New ceilings
- A new (hurricane) fence along Bartlett Street
- Foyer re-tiled (currently linoleum tiles)
- Light fixtures upgraded throughout the downtown facility
- Carpet in several offices
- A new desk for the front lobby
- Fence installation labor at Iron House (We have the materials for this job.)
- The food warmer (aka, Hot Box) next to the serving line is in need of a new motor
- Kitchen tile floor either needs to be replaced or re-grouted
- We are accepting donations of used bicycles on behalf of Freedom in Motion at our 255 S. Division location. Freedom in Motion will restore them to safe-working order and distribute them to anyone in need of reliable, inexpensive transportation.
Because we are a 501(c)3 non-profit registered with the State of Michigan as a homeless shelter, your in-kind donations may be eligible for tax deductions. Please consult your tax adviser for eligibility requirements.